When creating a content heavy site it is quite common to define lists of related content and have a need to publish them in the site. Currently this is possible with Liferay by creating a regular page and using fragments or widgets like Asset Publisher to display the list of content, however this is a pretty manual process and the page hierarchy doesn't clearly represent that the manually created page represents a list.
The goal of this story is to simplify and make more obvious how to publish a list of content that has already been defined as a Content Set. Also the resulting page will show up in the page hierarchy as a "Collection Page", potentially listing as child pages the display plages of the content in the Content Set. This is what the process should look like:
Given the user would like to create a collection page
When navigating to page admin and clicking the add button.
Then the user should be able to see and create 2 types of pages:
- Collection Page
- and Page.
When clicking on the Collection Page for creation.
- A flow should guide the user to choose an existing Collection (adding a new collection will be done in separate story)
- The selection of "Collection", or "Collection provider" should be shown as tabs on the top of the collections to be consistent with the selection in modal mode.
- The user is invited to select a Template Page
- and finally, the collection page will be created with a Collection Display fragment in it which is linked to the chosen Collection.
- By default we'd allow the Collection to be changed via the config.
- We might show a message in the future to inform the user that some things might break.
-> Finally the user could define the elements to be shown from the collection using fragments (covered by
When the user chooses to create a page
Then the user is redirected to the appropriate classic page to select the page type and template (no change same flow as before)
- Note for design: Other pages are to be included inside Page.
- "> sign" in the mock up is intended to allow selecting a template in a new. It is not to be done in this story.
When a user is on the page admin
Then the user can create a child page either a page or a collection page for any page but not for Collection Pages
|Test Scenarios||Test Strategy||Kind of test||Is it covered by FrontEnd ? (JS-Unit)||Is it covered by BackEnd ? (unit or integration)||Could it be covered by POSHI?|
|Can create a Collection Page based on Collections or Collection Providers||Critical||Manual||No||Yes||Yes|
|Can create a child Collection Page or Page for Collection Page or Page||Critical||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|Can create other type pages via selecting Public Page or Private Page||Low||Manual||No||No||Yes|
|Can create a Collection Page based on Collections or Collection Providers in Staging site||High||Manual||No||No||Yes|