Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Site Templates
Exporting and importing site template LARs does not preserve Guest permissions on pages, even if options are selected to export and import with permissions.
Although Site Template pages are technically private pages and thus should not have any Guest permissions, it is possible to create public pages in a site when creating from the site template. This results in the Guest view permission always being revoked when creating a site from a site template, even though the permission is enabled by default.
1) Create a site template.
2) Create a Widget Page. Verify Guests have view permission under the page's permissions.
3) From within the site template navigate to Publishing > Export and export the LAR. Select "export with permissions" and change the export from public pages to private pages.
4) Create a new site template and go to Publishing > Import and import the LAR. Select "import with permissions".
5) Verify Guest permissions for the imported page.
6) Creating a site with public pages using this site template also results in the Guest View permission being revoked.
Expected Result: Guests have view permission.
Actual Results: Guests do not have view permission. This is reproducible when exporting from Control Panel > Site Templates > Export/Import, as well.
72x hash: 6124ba50501044df835ecf8005f5cefb211ddb367
12x-private hash: 1ba4c39323c0ecb120efda227996e30cd8e43f02
* Please see Zendesk Support tab for further comments and attachments.