Affects Version/s: 7.3.2 CE GA3
Fix Version/s: Master
Typically users will create their blog posts outside of Liferay in a word processor such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Pasting this content will result in images not transferring into the Documents and Media Portlet causing a lot of frustration and inability to find those images for re-use later. Liferay is not able to upload a base64 encoded and embedded image pasted from word via drag and drop.
1) Enable CKEditor to be the editor for blogs rather than Alloy Editor.
2) Create a Word document with an inserted image
3) Copy and paste this content into a new blog post
4) Note that the image is pasted as an embedded image and is missing from DM portlet
5) Upon re-editing the post try to drag and drop the image from CKEditor to the file upload
6) File upload hangs
Images pasted from content created in Microsoft Word should be uploaded to the documents and media library. Failing that the user in a blogs portlet should be able to upload that image from the post to Documents and Media via the file uploader above the blog post when re-editing.
Can't upload images pasted from Word, paste from word icon doesn't seem available to Chrome/Blink users.