Affects Version/s: 7.2.0 GA1
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Core Infrastructure > Service Builder
A Service Builder module's entity tables should be created in the data source configured for that module.
- Create a maria DB database called external
- Add a portal-ext.properties file that specifies your external database and db host (e.g., hostname/external) and restart the server.
- Unzip the attached Liferay Workspace. It contains the guestbook application Service Builder modules (api, service, web). The service module provides a DataSourceProvider class called
This file configures the module's services to use that datasource:
- Build the services:
- Build the module JARs:
The JARs are created in the workspace's
- Copy the JARs to your Liferay Home/deploy folder.
The entity tables GB_Guestbook and GB_GuestbookEntry are created in the external database.
The entity tables are created in the default database.
5. Add the widget (Widget > Social > Guestbook) to a page.
- The Guestbook portlet renders
- Portlet message in UI: "Portlet is temporarily unavailable"
- Console message:
A Simpler Sample: is at https://github.com/jhinkey/liferay-blade-samples/tree/service-builder-dsp/gradle/apps/service-builder/dsp
It has a table called country in namespace DSPCOUNTRY.