Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Search Infrastructure
Backported to Branch:Committed
Sprint:Search|S03 Sprint 18|6.29-7.20
Git Pull Request:
Reindexing after creating/editing the synonym set resolves this issue.
The steps below are for master with Elasticsearch 7. They may vary depending on the branch/Elasticsearch version.
- Setup a bundle with two Elasticsearch clusters for CCR
- ant -f build-test-elasticsearch7.xml start-elasticsearch -Dremote.elasticsearch.clusters.enabled=true
- In portal, add a second Elasticsearch connection and enable CCR
- Connect the two Elasticsearch clusters and create follower indices
- ant -f build-test-elasticsearch7.xml create-follower-indices
- Create two Web Content titled "Apple" and "Banana"
- Create a new synonym set containing the keywords "apple" and "banana"
- Search for "apple"
Expected both "Apple" and "Banana" to be returned as search results
Only "Apple" is returned as a search result
From checking the company index in the leader ES cluster, it appears the synonym set wasn't added to the index.
If a keyword is added to an existing synonym set, then that keyword isn't added to the index as well.
Tomcat 9.0.33 + MySQL 5.7
Portal master GIT ID: 3eb0efa20b5075c92f71d7dc276f8842cf8686f0
Portal 7.2.x GIT ID: 66bbfa74f0f9f826db901860acaf894cffe24260