Affects Version/s: 7.1.10 DXP FP18, 7.1.X, 7.2.10 DXP FP6, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Core Infrastructure > Upgrade Framework
A single PostgreSQL database may contain multiple schemas. All the indexes defined in the given database are available in the pg_indexes view, defining a schemaname column for separation.
During the upgrade some indexes are dropped, then the verification phase finds them (as we don't specify the target schema), but the attempt to drop them fails as they don't exist in the current schema.
Steps to reproduce
1) install Postgresql 11.x and pgadmin3/pgadmin4 in your local
2) in Postgresql, create an admin user with name: admin pw: admin
3) in Postgresql, create an empty database with 2 schemas in the same database (schema names: dxp1, dxp2)
4) do a full startup then shutdown of vanilla DXP 7.1 (FP17) connected to dxp1 using currentSchema parameter:
5) do the same using the other schema (dxp2)
optional 6) create a full backup of this database
7) configure the upgrade tool, pointing to one of the schemas in portal-upgrade-database.properties:
8) execute a full upgrade
Actual result: Exceptions complaining that some database indexes do not exist. Example below, full upgrade log attached:
Expected: the db indexes are handled correctly during the upgrade