Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: JS APIs and Utilities
Sprint:S03E29 - Como, S03E30 - Amsterdam, S03E31 - Donosti
Liferay DXP has traditionally offered a wide variety of extension mechanisms to extend and customize the platform. Most of these mechanisms require the deployment of custom-written code to be activated.
As we move towards SaaS solutions and Cloud offerings, we need to provide other extension mechanisms that don't require customers to deliver and run arbitrary code on the company servers.
The goal of this epic is to provide a mechanism register and instantiate remote web applications and to build the necessary SDK infrastructure for it.
- Documentation of the Architecture of WebApps with consideration regarding:
- App register
- Security concerns
- API usages
- Mechanism to register/create web apps
- Iframe Widget?
- Control Panel register mechanism and automatic widget generation
- SDK to communicate remote apps with the rest of the system
- Headless authentication
- API access
- Extension points
- Supports matching styling for better integration