Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
The customer reported that the Publish button for Web Content is sporadically not working for them. In PTR-1733 a set of reproduction steps were found that seemingly point towards involvement with
LPS-113956 (as a side note when I reproduced this behavior I was unable to edit content fields in addition to the Publish button no longer working).
1) Be sure to have SPA enabled
2) Go to Sites select Global (site) > Content & Data > Web Content > Structures and copy the Basic Web Content renaming it to "Basic Web Content 2"
3) Select the HTML field of the new structure to make the field repeatable
4) Go back to your site and create a Web Content with the new structure introducing at least two values for Content field and click Save.
5) Double click to Edit the previous Web Content and click the back button very quickly afterwards without allowing the page to fully load. This step needs to be repeated several times to increase the likelihood of the causative event occurring.
6) Click in the '+' button to create a new Web Content.
Expected Result: The Publish button will work as expected as well as content fields.
Actual Result: The Publish button does not work. Sometimes, certain fields such as description, content or title do not work either.
This appears within the browser's developer console when the Publish button fails to work:
* Please see Zendesk Support tab for further comments and attachments.