Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Core Infrastructure
This issue was uncovered with the inclusion of LPS-111355.
With the inclusion of LPS-111355, the twelvemonkeys imageReaderSPI classes fail to load properly. Specifically, the JPEG and BMP mime types.
This issue is caused by this commit int the twelvemonkeys repo, but wasn't encountered in LR until we upgraded to version 3.5. Once upgraded, the lookup for the provider changed from a simple string comparison to a class retrieval. However, because the classes in question were not available to the module, the method exited due to a ClassNotFoundException.
Make sure the appropriate classes are added to the boot delegation.
Steps to Reproduce
Although we don't have a visual example, we see differences in the output of the client's groovy script between Liferay patch levels.
- start a DXP-4-7210 bundle or a bundle without the changes form LPS-111355
- go to Control Panel > Configuration > Server Administration > Script
- run the groovy script attached: showImageIOPlugins.groovy
- verify com.twelvemonkeys.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader appears for JPEG/JPG as well as BMP
- Shutdown portal and retry steps using master/72x/71x/70x
Expected results: com.twelvemonkeys.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader appears for JPEG/JPG as well as BMP
Actual Results: com.twelvemonkeys.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader does not appear for JPEG/JPG as well as BMP
Reproduced in master: 51c9095ed8d103d1ce12558051c61ef58e882513