Affects Version/s: None
As part of the Proposal for Web Content Migration to CKEditor, one feature that was flagged as interesting but missing is the current "Source" view in AlloyEditor.
Based on Jorge Ferrer coments:
While we don't have extensive feedback, the one we have points to this feature being valuable and appreciated by our users.
The goal of this story is to implement a version of AlloyEditor's Source View for CKEditor instances.
- The feature is integrated in the CKEditor toolbar either reusing the current Source button or creating a new one in a plugin
- The Source view has syntax highlighting for HTML inside the editor
- There is an option to see a preview of the content side by side with the source code
- Changes in the "source" view are properly reflected back in the editor and when switching back to visual view
- The feature works both for the ckeditor and ckeditor_classic versions of CKEditor