It is common to have situations where you want to define different permissions for Alerts and Announcements.
- Users can view, update and delete an Announcement.
- Users can only view an Alert
The Alert Portlet and the Announcement Portlet are using the same resource model permission "Announcement".
That is, the permissions for "Alerts" and "Announcement" are shared and cannot be set independently.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Liferay and login as an admin user.
2. Navigate to Control Panel > Users > Roles and create a Role.
3. Name your Role "testRole", give it a description, and click Save.
4. Select the Role’s Define Permissions tab
5. In "Site Administration > Applications > Alerts", select 「View」 and save
6. Note that the permission added is "Announcements > Announcement: View", not Alerts
7. In "Site Administration > Applications > Announcements", select 「Delete」,「Update」,「View」
6. Go back to "Site Administration > Applications > Alerts"
7. Note that Delete and Update are now checked
Cannot set different permissions for Announcements and Alerts
Can set different permissions for Announcements and Alerts
Separate the management of permissions for Alerts and Announcements so they can be set independently to accommodate any situation.