Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Asset Publisher widget
Asset publisher is displaying wrong order after partial or no translation of web content fields.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use English as default language then go to Control Panel -> Content & Data -> Web Content -> Structures
- Create a new structure that has one HTML field and another Number field
- Go to Web content tab and create from the previous created structure three new web contents
- Create a first content in the default language (en_US) with these values:
- Number: 1
- Text: Hello 1
- Spanish translation, with the same title, number, and the text will be "Hola 1".
- Create a second content in the default language (en_US) with these values:
- Number: 2
- Text: Hello 2
- We don't add any translation here.
- Create a third content in the default language (en_US) with these values:
- Number: 3
- Text: Hello 3
- Spanish translation, with the same title, number, and the text will be "Hola 3".
- We deploy a widget Asset Publisher on our welcome page and configure it to show only the contents of that structure: Asset Publisher -> Configuration -> Setup -> Asset Selection -> Asset Type: Web Content Article -> Web Content Article Structures: select the structure created in point 2.
- Configure Asset Publisher to sort by "number" field: Configuration -> Ordering -> Order by: number.
The order should be maintained if language is changed and translation exists.
- We display the page in the default language, English => The order is: 3, 2, 1.
- We display the page in Spanish (translation available for field 3 and 1)=> The order is 3, 1, 2.
- We display the page in French (no translation available) => The order is 1, 2, 3.