For Liferay 7.2, the team made an initial effort to start trimming down unnecessary static (js, css...) resources for initialization in an attempt to improve default performance for Liferay sites.
The goals of this epic are:
- To create a baseline and the necessary automation to avoid losing the hard-fought improvements over time.
- To use the tooling and baseline to make and validate performance improvements in preparation for the 7.3 release
- A performance test protocol explaining how to test, how often, what information is important, etc... in terms of frontend performance
- An integrated performance test (either in CI or in China servers)
- A measurable performance improvement
- [Optional] An initial written set of frontend performance best practices