7.2.10 DXP FP5, 7.2.X
On 7.2.x, the session timer warning does not behave correctly. Specifically, once the warning pops up, the session timer does not count down. This issue only specifically affects IE 11 and not browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc. Upon testing, the cause of the issue is
LPS-112180. Specifically, DXP tries to use the DOM element method closest(), which is not supported on IE 11:
See the following link for more info: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/closest#Browser_compatibility.
1) Go to TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml and update the session-timeout value to 2 (from 15).
2) Set the following in portal-ext.properties:
3) Start Liferay and use IE 11 to access DXP.
4) Sign in as admin and wait until the session timer warning pops up.
Actual Results: The session timer does not count down. Also, the user is not automatically taken back to the main page after the 2 minutes.
Expected Results: The session timer counts down. Upon the timer reaching 0, the user is automatically taken back to the main page.
- 7.2.10 DXP FP5
- 7.2.x: 55b8a3f83d945c204c2a2fc81d26cee719c53c81
Not reproducible on:
- 7.2.10 DXP FP4
- Master: b61f00856ab5d13fa85ec8750dc841eee66178f8