Affects Version/s: 7.0.X, 7.1.X, 7.2.X, Master
Component/s: Dynamic Data Lists
1. Add to the portal-ext.properties the property:
with the 'true' value the user cannot add, edit data for the staged components.
with the 'false' value the user add, edit data for the staged components.
2. Create a new site and enable local Staging with the Dynamic Data List and nothing more.
3. Create a new Dynamic Data List.
4. Add a new entry to the Dynamic Data List.
5. Publish the Dynamic Data List and the Entry to Live.
6. In Control Panel change to the Live site → Dynamic Data List.
Checkpoint: As we are using the property 'staging.live.group.locking.enabled=true' you cannot see a + sign to add a new dynamic data list. This would be different if we would be using the property 'staging.live.group.locking.enabled=false'.
7. In Control Panel → Dynamic Data List click the dynamic data list that you created.
Result: You will see the list and a + sign. This is confusing. You are able to create a new entry but there is no logic behind it because this cannot be used anywhere.