Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: JS APIs and Utilities > Frontend JS Web API
I am opening this Feature Request ticket on behalf of Andrés Rodríguez, based on a previously discussed case in Help Center.
The request is to eliminate misleading error message 'Please provide a valid name' and only leave 'Your request failed to complete.' in the following scenario, for the sake of being more understandable and user friendly.
- Start up a DXP 7.0 and log in as admin
- Make sure the portal has a default language set to English (United States) at the Control Panel / Instance settings / Miscellaneous tab
- At Content / Web Content / Structure section, create a new structure with only adding a title and an input field (for example select) in View mode. Observe the default language in the source is automatically set to "en_US"
- Copy the source of the structure and save it for later use
- At Control Panel / Instance settings / Miscellaneous tab, change the default language to German
- Go back to Web Content's Structure section and create a new structure by pasting the previously copied source (containing "en_US") - don't forget to completely replace any existing code during paste
- Attempt saving the structure
As a result, actually two error messages appear:
1) 'Your request failed to complete.'
2) 'Please enter a valid name.' (which is considered as misleading in the above use case)
See error_message.png for reference.