Status: Ready for Development
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: App Builder
As an App Adm, I want to extend my native data objects by adding new fields, so that I can easily customize and extend my native DXP objects according to my business needs.
One of the main values of App Builder is the capability of easily extend and customize Liferay OOTB native objects. When extending native objects, users usually create new fields that is needed to attend his business needs, but Liferay don't offer natively.
When extending Native Objects in App Builder, users will have access to the Form View Builder (same as the Custom Objects) and be able to:
- Check the list of native fields that belongs to the native object;
- Use the native fields to create custom Form views for the object;
- Add new custom fields that will extend the native object.
1- Given a user creating a new Form View for a Liferay Native Object in App Builder,
when the user looks at the Object sidebar of the screen,
then the user must be able to see the entire list of OOTB fields of the Liferay Native Object.
2- Given that a user wants to create a custom Form View for a Liferay Native Object,
when the user is in the Form View Builder of a Liferay Native Object,
then the user must be able to create a Form View using the OOTB fields of the Liferay Native Object.
- Users should be able to create views without one or more (or even none) OOTB fields.
3- Given a user in the Form View Builder of a Native Object,
when the user drags a new field of the right sidebar and places inside the Form View canvas,
then the new field should be placed in the Form View and become a extension/custom field in the Liferay Native Object Data Definition.
4- Given a Native Object with one or more custom/extension fields,
when the user looks at the Object sidebar of a Form View Builder of this object,
then the user must be able to understand which fields are OOTB and which fields are custom/extension.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Verify if the test labels were added;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature