Getting accessibility right is a really tough and hard to maintain effort. As awareness increases, it becomes paramount that our product conforms to high accessibility standards to deliver as much possible value to our customers.
The goal of this epic is to create a visual tool to help find a11y issues.
In following epics, the component could be integrated as part of a development build for devs to validate their apps or as a user-facing feature to validate pages and sites. It would be good to sync with the Experience Management Product owners to validate our assumptions and make sure the solution fits their needs.
Acceptance Criteria (see each task acceptance criteria for detailed specs)
- The tool can be executed on runtime over a given page
- Tests the page for a given set of accessibility rules
- Runs automatically in the background
- Presents itself as a visual barrier to the experience
- Provides additional information about the a11y violations found an hints on how to address them
- axe - Web Accessibility Testing
- Making Facebook.com accessible to as many people as possible