On a site that has staging enabled, when adding a Staging URL within an HTML Fragments, the URL is not converted to the associated Live site URL when published. This is expected behavior by the client as Staging URLs in Web Content articles and other assets are converted when they are published and interacted with in the Live site.
Steps to Reproduce
Originally tested in a 7.2 bundle patched to DXP-7:
1. Create a new widget page called Help
2. In [Site_Administration] > Publishing > Staging, enable Local Live staging, leaving the defaults
3. Copy the Help page's staging URL (http://[host/port]/web/guest-staging/help)
4. Create a new content page, "Test Page"
5. Place a HTML fragment onto Test Page
6. Edit the fragment to add the following, then publish the changes:
<h1> Staging URL testing </h1> <p> <a href="http://[host/port]/web/guest-staging/help">Staging URL Link</a> </p>
7. Confirm that the link works as expected
8. Publish the page to Live
9. Navigate to the Live site, access the Test Page, and attempt to navigate to the added link
Results of Testing
Expected Result: The link on the Live site would point to the corresponding Live page
Actual Result: The link published from staging stil points towards the Staging page (web/guest-staging/help) and not the Live page as expected of web/guest/help (redirecting users to authenticate, after which the staging page would still be inaccessible if they are not an admin).