Affects Version/s: 6.2.X EE, 7.0.0 DXP GA1, 7.1.10 DXP GA1, 7.2.10 DXP GA1, 7.3.10 DXP GA1, Master
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Dynamic Data Mapping > Upgrades
1. Set up a vanilla 6.2 with the latest fix pack and start it.
2. Go to Contents --> Manage --> Structures and add a structure with one of the following fields (or add all these fields):
- Documents and Media
- Link to Page
Note: After adding the field go to the "Source" tab where you can see the code and while there Save the structure. See the attached video: savestrsource.mp4
3. Create a template for the structure.
4. Shut down the portal.
5. Set up a vanilla DXP 7.1, DXP 7.2, DXP 7.3, or Master and upgrade the previous portal to one of these instances.
6. Start the upgraded instance
7. Go to Content and Data --> Web Content --> and try to create web content from one of the structures.
Actual Result: The web content is greyed out and cannot be created, and JSON error appears. I am attaching a video illustration: structureupgradeissue.mp4
Note: If you look at the structure (I used a Documents and Media structure), you will see that there are extra whitespaces between " " at the label, predefinedValue and tip:
Expected Result: The structure should remain intact as before the upgrade and creating web content should be successful.
As a workaround, before upgrading and while making the structure, if you save it from the "View" tab, after the upgrade it will be fine and web contents are created successfully. See the attached video: savestrview.mp4
Furthermore: I tested the case by upgrading to DXP 7.0 fix pack de-94 and the structures broke with the extra whitespaces. However, it was possible to create web content from these broken structures. See the attached video: brokenstrtest70.mp4
master @ 0b197df59d70576cdf03f05525c7a49caf76d8e1
DXP 7.1 with fix pack 19
DXP 7.2 with the latest fix pack 8
Note: On DXP 7.0 the structure is broken but it can be used to create web content successfully.