In our path to a more robust, efficient and straightforward way to bundle my applications, we want to leverage Webpack 5 as much as we can for our new build infrastructure.
The goal of this task is to provide a federated module from frontend-js-web so future modules can consume it.
- The frontend-js-web module generates a federated module based on the index.es.js file that exposes the API that can be consumed by a sample app.
- The end result should be backwards compatible and all existing usages of the API via bundler2 should continue to be functional
- The module already builds a global.es.js bundle using webpack and it should continue to do so since it's used globally
- The build should generate an additional federated module to replace current usages of loader and bundler2
- The module has a watch mode that should remain functional