Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
When propagating from very large site templates, the portal is drastically slowed. The purpose of this ticket is to include a few performance boosts to decrease propagation times.
Steps to test:
- Create a Site template a many pages, or use the attached Site_Templates-202011062230.portlet.larfile.
- Create a new site based off the site template.
- In two tabs, open a site template page and the same page for the site based off the template.
- Once both pages are fully loaded, add some widget to the site template page.
- Once the widget is done rendering, refresh the site page.
- After some time, the widget appears in the site, because the changes have been propagated.
- Refreshing the page is now instantaneous.
- Steps 4-6 can be repeated to test the issue repeatedly.
Expected results: Page loads after a second or two.
Actual Results: Page loads after 10+ seconds. More pages results in a longer wait.
Reproduced in master: 2e4a0669ac5684ab98be297e3bed7f8d99910fe3