- Log in as administrator
- Go to Categorization -> Categories
- Create a new vocabulary
- Click on Associated Asset Types and make the vocabulary required
- In that new vocabulary create a Category
- Go co Content & Data -> Web content -> Structure
- Create a Structure with an Image field in it and save it
- Create a new Web content with this structure
- Upload an image through the Web Content Images tab
- Do not set the category and click Save as draft or publish
- It will throw an error which is fair. The required field is not filled in.
- Set the category and try to publish it or save it as draft
Actual behavior: You will get an error and you are unable to save the web content.
Expected behavior: The web content is successfully saved.
- If the category is filled at the first save attempt, it will work fine.
- If you re-upload the image after the failed validation, it also works.
- It's only an issue with an image field. Documents and Media is fine.
- It's only an issue if you upload an image through the Web Content Images tab. If you select something from the Documents and Media tab it works as expected.
- A FileNotFoundException is thrown in JournalArticleLocalServiceImpl.addImageFileEntries(..). It's possible that the file is deleted after the failed category validation. See: stack_trace_LPS-123384.txt