Affects Version/s: 7.1.X, 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
- Set up a DXP 7.1 with the latest fix pack and start it.
- Go to Control Panel --> Sites --> Sites and create a blank site and copy its ID.
- Go to the site builder Create a public home page
- Add an asset publisher and configure it to show categories
- Under Control Panel go to --> Configuration --> System Settings --> Web Content and select Web Content then scroll down to "Check Interval" and set the value to 1
- Under staging turn on local staging
- go to Categorization and create Vocabulary and add to it 2 categories (Cat1 and Cat2).
- Go to Content and Data --> Web Content and create basic web content and add a category to it (Cat1), then schedule the content to be published in the future (few minutes) and publish.
- Go to staged Site and Publish to Live, Now you will see that after publishing to Live both web contents are Scheduled on Staged and Live site.
- When the web content publication is approved check the web content on both the Staging and Live Site on the asset publisher.
Checkpoint: You will see that the Cat1 in the category is also published from the Staged to the Live Site.
- Go to Staged Site and edit the web content by adding the other category (I removed Cat1 and added Cat2), then schedule it again to be published after a few minutes.
- Go to Staged Site and Publish to Live.
- Once the scheduled web contents are approved check the content on both Sites. on the asset publisher
Actual Result: The category of the Web Content on the Live Site has not been updated to (Cat2).
Expected Result: Updated categories from the Staged scheduled content should be published successfully to the web content on the Live Site.