As an App Admin, I want to define different labels for the same field in different Form Views of an Object
Given that one same object can be reused in several different Apps, it may also happen that each App will need a different Form View to collect or display the data of the Object. With that being said, users may also want to define more accurate labels for one same field depending on the App and Form View that is being used.
Right now, the label is an Object-level property and changing the label of an field will impact all other Form Views that are also using it,
In this Story's scope, we aim to solve the problem by allowing the user to define a specific label for each Form View. To do this, we must include a new property, called "Form View Label", which will be a View-Level property.
The Form View Label must always copy the same value of the field Label. However, the user must be able to edit the value of this field and when this happen, the Form View will now use the value of the "Form View Label" as the label for the Field in that Form View only.
1 - Given a Object with several fields and several Form Views,
when a user opens one of the Form View and selects a field,
then the user must be able to read and edit the label and the form view label in the right sidebar.
2 - Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario described in the Acceptance Criteria 1,
when a user edits the Label of the Field,
then the Form View Label should copy and use the same value of the Label in that Form View.
- The label must persist in the form view label until the form view label is edited for the first time, as it happens with translations.
3 - Given that a user successfully achieved the scenario described in the Acceptance Criteria 2,
when a user edits the Form View Label of the Field,
then the value imputed by the user in the Form View Label should be used as the label of the field in that specific Form View only.
- At the same time the user must be able to see the field label in the left side bar.
4 - Given a table view,
when displaying a field with form view label,
then the system should display for that field the object field label.
- This happens because the form view will display all the data from the object, not only from that specific form view.
5 - Given a field with a form view label,
when duplicating a field,
then the system should also copy the form view label of the field.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)