As a content creator
I want to be able to use Liferay to upload videos to streaming services seamlessly
so that I can use them to create my content without shutting down the server
Integrate with different video streaming platforms (youtube, vimeo, red5 (possible integration in DXP cloud?) so marketers can upload videos to those platforms and use them seamlessly as other types of assets to create content.
Video is becoming more and more important at the time of creating great experiences. However, Liferay does not provide good support for it. Although the document library allows users to upload videos and support preview through xuggler (to be substituted), it is not prepared for streaming, causing the server to crash in case a video is published on a public page. Additionally, we just have a preview for the video, with low quality, so even if the server keeps up and running, the experience for end-users is not optimal.
The goal of this epic is to allow Liferay integrate with dedicated video services such as Youtube or Vimeo, and allow marketers to seamlessly upload videos, categorize them and use them to create content in Liferay.
Use cases to support:
- Create a shortcut to a video already uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo
- Allow uploading a video from Liferay to be stored in those platforms (Maybe a dedicated option, as not all videos might be needed to stream)
- Setting keywords and categories
- Show video categories from youtube: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/videoCategories/list
- It should be possible to create document types that support uploading videos for streaming
- It should be an asynchronous process, users should not need to wait for the video to be uploaded/processed.
- Configure the accounts the videos will be uploaded. One service at a time for upload, for consumption, it might be all
- Create shortcuts to all videos already uploaded to Youtube or Vimeo account. Only available for admins
- Inform marketers when the video is ready for use (uploading a video to those platforms can take some time)
- Progress bar for uploading?
- Label for "processing"
- Provide the videos in the search results, with the embedded player.
- Allow using the videos from any ck editor that has video enabled: blogs, rich text fields, fragments? (discuss with echo having a video fragment)
- Allow setting the permissions of the video (Public, Private, or Unlisted for Youtube)
- Hover over OPTIONS and select Share privately.
- Enter the email addresses of people you'd like to share your video with, then select SAVE.
- For Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/blog/post/video-privacy-explained/
- Allow users to remove a video in Youtube/Vimeo from Liferay?