For the Liferay Saas solution, we need to provide a way to export company data (database, dl files, and search indexes) so it can be imported in a different Liferay installation.
- Use Data Partitioning implemented in LPS-103033
- Use AdvancedFileSystemStore for DL
The use case to cover is to export a company from a multi-tenant environment (same app server handling different database schemas) to a new regular environment (one app server dedicated with one single database schema)
Things to take into account:
- When exporting, we have to clean the tables company, virtual instance and companyInfo to keep the records for the exported company only.
- When exporting, we have to export the database schema plus the control tables.
- In the remained original installation we have to remove the records for the exported image in company, virtual instance and companyInfo and cache and static variables.
- To migrate the search indexes we have to take into account this: