After upgrading from 7.2 Fix Pack 8 to Fix Pack 9, the AlloyEditor "Source" tab no longer formats the markup.
1) Get 7.2 DXP vanilla and patch it with Fix Pack 9, start the server and login as an Admin
2) Go to left Sidebar > Liferay DXP > Content and add a new Basic Web Content
3) Enter some text and a table with some text inside the cells
4) Switch to source tab and check the markup:
Not reproduced on Fix Pack 8
Reproduced on Fix Pack 9
Reproduced on 7.2.x @ 1ceb01053a6e237a5da97a9df66ddd7f48d645dc327cd143cff37fbdff1d7eef
Reproduced on master @ 9834c0f6b760efefb61ff2b359ca171f0e43d7df2e17a42889426e1102b3cb22
on master Alloyeditor is not the default editor anymore, we have to change the portal-ext.properties
With this you can reproduce it within blogs, by creating a new blog entry and follow the steps fro step3
This issue was introduced with LPS-121241 on 7.2, looks like the ckeditor version bump broke our AE source editor.
We are not getting the line breaks when we retrieve the value from the editor within alloyeditor_source.js
* Please see Zendesk Support tab for further comments and attachments.