There is a functionality loss in the Staging module in version 7.3. When a user publishes content using remote Staging with a missing reference, the error displayed has less detail in 7.3 than 7.2. When this case happens in 7.2, the error provides information about the implicated site and the missing reference. The error displayed in 7.2 is in the attached file "7.2_error.jpg".
But in 7.3 and master, the error displayed was changed. The new error message is more generic and doesn't provide any info about the problematic reference. The 7.3 error is in the attached file "7.3_error.jpg".
The lost information could help a user to identify a missing reference. Losing this information when a missing reference error happens, it could be more difficult to locate the problematic reference.
This problem is associated with the change LPS-119049 that improves the platform security restricting the information shown in error messages.
- Create two Sites called "SiteA" and "SiteB".
- Configure remote Staging in "SiteA".
- In the "SiteA", create a Structure called "StructureA" with an Image Field.
- In the "SiteB", upload an image to Document and Media.
- Create a Web Content based on "StructureA" and select the image uploaded previously in the "SiteB".
- Publish to Live.
Expected: The error shows the detail of the missing reference information.
Current: The error only shows a generic missing reference problem happened.