Request that the site selector speed be looked at:
This would be a boost to user experience.
- New tab adding to site selector called "Find a Site"
- New tab adding to site selector called "A to Z"
- This new "site search" tab to be the default when loading the site selector from the compass icon.
- All sites and my sites remain as tabs
The problem is when you have thousands of sites as we may scale to ... it becomes very hard to use the site selector to page through pages and pages of site names. You have to guess that if your site name starts with an S you would have to guess that maybe your site is located on page 34 of the results.
- Having a site search would help (if the search was fast and accurate).
- Another approach that would help is to have an A to Z index. If I know my site name begins with an S I can go to the listing table starting at S.
An even more modern approach would be to know what other sites the user is a member of and use the tags from those sites to present a personalized tab of "Site Recommendations" or having that list displayed alongside My Sites as the user joins more sites and gets more sites in My Sites the Site Recommendations get better.