Affects Version/s: 7.3.2 CE GA3, 7.3.5 CE GA6
Fix Version/s: None
Steps to reproduce:
- Download the official demo JSF portlet from https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.liferay.faces.demo/com.liferay.faces.demo.primefaces.applicant.portlet/4.2.0
- Deploy the portlet on Liferay CE 7.3.5-GA6
- Click the "Edit" button in the top right corner (Opens the portlet "Preferences")
- Edit and save the preferences
- I can see that the preferences are saved
- Click the "Edit" button in the top right corner of the page
- Click the "Publish" button in the top right corner of the page
Expected result: The portlet preferences values should remain the same because the "Publish" button is not related to them
Actual result: The portlet preferences are reset to the default values. However, I did not do anything in "Edit" mode, just clicked "Publish" immediately.
- Liferay CE 7.3.1-GA2 behaves as expected. But in Liferay CE 7.3.2-GA3, a new "Publish" concept is introduced and Preferences are not persistent anymore.
- I need to preserve JSF technology because I'm trying to migrate a JSF portlet from Liferay 6.2 to Liferay CE 7.3 and I need to reuse existing legacy JSF code.
I've recorded a video and uploaded it on Google Drive for you to have a better picture of what happens: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-I22l9mNu1GvAmo1rK0o924YjPBkNojW/view