The following features are being proposed as a more usable and flexible alternatives to the main use cases where private pages have been commonly used in the past.
- More clearly display the "Visibility" configuration of pages and content (FR LPS-105742)
- This must take into account restrictions in parent pages.
- Ability to add a Subtree to a navigation menu
- This simplifies displaying a subtree
- Allow configuring the access permissions for a site:
- Member (Must have, to support the equivalent of just private pages)
- Specific role (Nice to have, to gain some additional flexibility over the current offering)
- Allow configuring the access permission for a whole subtree:
- Who can view its pages
- Who can manage its pages
- Management includes operations such as create, update, delete, etc.
- What's the design of its pages (default master, style book)