Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Portal Configuration > Portal Instances
0. Use a vanilla 7.2 Liferay with the latest fix pack.
1. Allow all languages in instance settings and on the current sites language settings.
2. On current sites language setting now enable the option "Define a custom default language and additional available languages for this site." and allow all languages.
3. Now on instance settings language setting remove Chinese and Spanish from allowed languages. They are now not visible anymore in site language settings view either.
4. Go to a page on the site and click on Liferay's language selector and you will see a list still containing the languages Chinese and Spanish.
Result: These should not be an option anymore but they are.
7.2x @ commit (efcba8be86974de7734daadeb4a8d3550968771b) reproduced
master @ commit (c7640fbeeaefafecf0ddea7d37985c7ccb701b58) reproduced