Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.3.X, Master
Since field names are now hidden from the UI, users should use field references whenever they can to search for documents in the search engine.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Content & Data > Web Content and click on the Structures tab;
- Click to add a new structure;
- Add a text field and, in its advanced settings, change the field reference to any name you prefer;
- Save the structure;
- Go back to the Web Content tab and click to create a new content based on the structure just created;
- Fill the title, content and publish it;
- Search your search engine index for documents with entryClassName equals to "com.liferay.journal.model.JournalArticle" (if you're using Elasticsearch, you can use elasticsearch-head for an easy visualization of the index).
Documents having the following field where its ddmFieldName is composed by field's name (no more available in the UI):
Documents having the following field where its ddmFieldName is composed by field's reference (available in the UI since 7.3 FP1):