Today, we can customize many settings of our forms through the UI, we can customize the error message for our validations and customize the submit button through the UI. One of the things that are very difficult to customize are our error messages for required fields, through customization we can easily define a alternative error message for required fields, but only for all required fields of that form.
As a digital experience plataform, we must provide to our customers ways to provide to their customers amazing experiences, this comes from a consistent messaging strategy. Today we have the same error message for all field types for the required setting, we should allow our users to personalize this, for example, if there is a multiple selection field, the error message could be ''please select at least one of the above options'' and give to the user filling the form more context about what they need to do.
1 - Given a form creator,
when adding a required field,
then I must be able to customize my error message through the UI
2 - Given a form creator,
when customizing my error message for required fields,
then I must be able to add translations to that message
- The customization is individual for each language (e.g. if I add a customization in English, the message in Portuguese should still be the default for Portuguese until I edit it too).
3 - Given a form creator,
when leaving the error message for required fields blank,
then the system must recover the default value
4 - Given an user filling the form,
when letting a required field with customized error message blank and trying to go foward,
then I must receive the customized error message in the idiom that my form is in.
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)