7.3.10 DXP GA1, 7.3.X, Master
To change the root context
- Rename ROOT to portal under TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
- Rename ROOT.xml to portal.xml under TOMCAT_HOME/conf/localhost
- Delete temp and work folders under TOMCAT_HOME
- Start portal and log in http://localhost:8080/portal/
- Change the root context
- Go to http://localhost:8080/portal/api/jsonws
- Select an arbitrary endpoint to invoke
- Open the web console
- Add the necessary params and click Invoke
Expected result: service invocation returns with HTTP 200
Actual result: service invocation returns HTTP 403 Forbidden
- Start portal
- Create a new vocabulary and put a category in it.
- Start creating a new document.
Checkpoint: in the form, expand the Categorization section. You see stuff there, among others the vocabulary you created.
- Go to the site settings and expand the same section.
Checkpoint: same here, you can see various fields there.
- Stop the server and change the root context as shown above
- Try again steps 3 and 4
Result: the Categorization section is completely empty, there's nothing there. If you open the web console > Network tab, you can see HTTP 403 for certain API calls.
- Go to System Settings > Portal Session Auth Verifier (or create com.liferay.portal.security.auth.verifier.internal.portal.session.configuration.PortalSessionAuthVerifierConfiguration-default.config)
- Edit the URLs Include field and append "/portal" to each of the URLs
- Do the same for the other Auth Verifiers for consistency.
Important: the configuration changes must be removed when the final fix for this issue is installed.