Affects Version/s: 7.2.10 DXP FP10, 7.2.X, 7.3.10 DXP GA1, 220.127.116.11 DXP SP1, 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Pages > Content Pages
It is understood that "Clean Up Orphaned Theme Portlet Preferences" (accessed via Server Administration, "Resources" tab), was a tool used to enable the deletion of portlet configurations for portlets embedded in a theme (note - I do not know if it should have other impacts beyond this).
However there are unintended impacts on Widgets deployed on Content Pages and Display Page Templates.
- There should be no changes to the configuration of widgets deployed to Content Pages and Display Page Templates
- All configuration from every widget deployed to every Content Page and every Display Page Template are removed
Examples from Content Page from Alexandria (sales.liferay.com) are attached (the correct page is from Production - which has not had the function run, the broken page is from a local backup)
Steps to Reproduce
- Add a Content Page
- Deploy a Widget to that Page and configure it (e.g. Navigation widget with specific display template selected, Asset Publisher with specific content selection and display template)
- Access Server Administration via the control menu, scroll to the bottom of the resources tab and execute "Clean Up Orphaned Theme Portlet Preferences"
- Observe that configurations are removed