Steps to reproduce
- Add a Message Board portlet to a Widget page and create a new thread
- Go to the threads permissions and for "User" change the thread's permissions:
- Check "Subscribe" and "View" permissions for role "User"
- Check "View" permission for role "Guest" if not selected
- Add a new user and login as new user in another browser
- Subscribe to the thread as the new user
- As admin user, add a response message to the thread
- Change the thread's permission:
- Uncheck "Subscribe" and "View" permissions for "User" role
- Uncheck "View" permission for "Guest" role
- As the new user, access the reply message from URL link from the notification message
After clicking on the URL link from the notification page the user is redirected to a not found page and can't see the message thread
After clicking on the URL link from the notification page the user can see the message thread
NOTE: The main thing is that the user without view permissions for the thread, user still can view the reply message thread in a widget page.