Currently, segmentation settings exist only at System level, so there’s no way to configure the feature at the instance level.
In order to facilitate the cloud-based products development, we need to make it available at the instance level.
- A company has to instances, one for a public site, the other one for the intranet.
- They just want to use segmentation in the public-faced site. So they are able to disable segmentation just for the intranet instance.
- They need different cache settings for each of the instances, as the intranet is being sync against the active directory, and the public site is sync with a mkt automation solution that needs real-time data.
- A company has one instance for its sites in production, and adds a virtual one for running tests on some features. They want to enable segmentation in one of them but not in the other one.
- LOL: as it is managed by instances by LR, we need to be able to enable/disable features at the instance level
- All fields will remain the same except for one: the current Segments Preview Check Interval field will be called Compound Segments Preview Interval.
- The current help text will be changed into this one: Define the maximum time (in minutes) to generate Compound Segments previews.