Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
If you configure a remote staging environment using page variations, you could get problems when disabling the staging mode. If you have at least an additional variation configured, all layouts will be deleted when the staging mode will be disabled. This behavior could be dangerous.
This behavior produces related errors. For example, if you have a page of "LinkToOtherPage" type in the site, you will get an undefined error when you disable remote staging.
I show this case (in master) in the attached video.
Step to reproduce:
- Create a site (siteA) in the nodeA.
- Create a site (siteB) in the nodeB.
- Configure staging remote in siteA, enabling the variations page option.
- Create a page in siteA.
- In the page created, create a new variation.
- Check that the variation was created.
- Disable the staging remote.
The page created still existing in siteA.
The page was deleted.