Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Dataset Display
Sprint:S04E15 - Kind of Blue
Before custom view management feature is in place, the dataset display is able to remember the active view settings by storing them as portal preferences associated to the user. Custom view management requires a more involved backend infrastructure.
The goal of this task is to implement the service and persistence layers for the custom view management in dataset display.
Essentially, service layer will cover the crud operations on three data entitites: the dataset display instance, the custom view, and some flags associated to the custom view and to the user.
- A dataset display instance
- Has 0 or more associated custom views
- Renders in exactly one page
- A custom view
- Describes view settings for exactly 1 dataset data source
- Is owned by exactly 1 user
- An user
- Selects 0 or 1 custom views for a specific dataset display instance
- Marks 0 or n custom views as favorites for a specific dataset display instance
Persistence and service layers are described here
- Service supports basic CRUD operations for the dataset display instances
- Service supports basic CRUD operations for the custom views
- System persists the current custom view for an user in a given dataset instance
- System persists the favorite custom views for an user in a given dataset instance