Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.3.10 DXP FP1, 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Style Books
Currently, customers that upgrade from 7.3 GA1 to 7.3 DXP-1 are no longer able to create new Style Book entries. Instead, they encounter the following error:
- Start up a clean 7.3 GA1 bundle.
- Go to Design > Style Books and create a new style book entry.
- Shutdown bundle and upgrade bundle to 7.3 DXP-1.
- Start up upgraded bundle.
- Repeat Step 2.
A SQLSyntaxErrorException occurs and a new style book entry cannot be created.
A new style book is successfully created.
7.3 DXP-1: 638bb33d5013d2e0
master: 07ab8d3c3a85dea2 (the commit before
Not reproduced in:
The issue is that, between 7.3 GA1 and 7.3 DXP-1, new columns were added to the "StyleBookEntryVersion" table. Specifically, the columns "uuid_" and "modifiedDate" were added as a result of
LPS-121746. However, there is no upgrade process in 7.3 DXP-1 or 7.3.x that adds these new columns to the table during upgrade.
In master, this is not an issue as a upgrade process was created that added these missing columns to the "StyleBookEntryVersion" table (
LPS-127285). However, due to 7.4 specific changes like LPS-120859, which added new upgrade processes related to style books, backporting LPS-127285 to 7.3.x would cause upgrade schema conflicts and therefore cannot be backported:
- 7.3.6-ga7: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/7.3.6-ga7/modules/apps/style-book/style-book-service/src/main/java/com/liferay/style/book/internal/upgrade/StyleBookServiceUpgrade.java
- 7.4.0-ga1: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/7.4.0-ga1/modules/apps/style-book/style-book-service/src/main/java/com/liferay/style/book/internal/upgrade/StyleBookServiceUpgrade.java
Thus, adjustments to the upgrade schema versions need to be made in master.