As a Liferay Developer, I want to retrieve and display the stages of a Workflow Process in a product or site page, so that my clients can follow up on what are the stages of the application workflow and where their submissions are on it. At this moment, only State and Task node types will have a detailed representation.
For some applications that leverage Liferay Kaleo Workflow to orchestrate the steps of a business process, it's a very common need to display and allow the user to understand what are the steps (or stages) of that application workflow, as well as where in the workflow he is currently and the past and following steps/stages. This information should be made available by workflow so Liferay Developers can leverage it to put in sites or even other products screens. The most important use case for this is displaying the stages of the order management of the admin UI AND surfaced in a widget (portlet) so devs can use it in the context of a site.
Mockups of this feature being used in Commerce can be found here: https://www.figma.com/file/E9WSalmKKax2a6kAXP3FVc/Commerce-Admin-UI-v7.3?node-id=6185%3A310.
Given a product or site that displays a workflow instance details,
when the product or site embeds the workflow tracking component,
then the users should be able to understand the entire approval workflow of the instance by viewing the workflow tracking component for that instance.
- The component should display the entire workflow that the instance is in;
- The component should display the State and Task node types with specific styles, all the other node types will de displayed as Task node type;
- The component will not display the transition label yet;
- All Acceptance Criteria were passed;
- Make sure that the expected automated tests were created (unit / integration / functional) and passed successfully;
- Code with peer review completed;
- Validated by QA, Product Designer and/or PM;
- No critical bug related to Story scope (ex.: similar of FP4, FP5);
- Make sure that all system documentation were updated (if necessary)
- Make sure that it has the extensions points needed to allow GS and customers to customize the feature (If applicable)