Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
Reindex is triggered every time upon user login when admin.sync.default.associations is enabled. This is a performance issue only, since the portal functions correctly regardless of the reindex.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set the property admin.sync.default.associations to true and startup the portal
- Add DEBUG logging for com.liferay.portal.search.internal.index.UpdateDocumentIndexWriterImpl
- Create a new user "testUser".
- Verify you see an entry in the logs which looks something like this:
This means the user was created and reindexed
5. Login as "testUser"
6. Verify you see a similar entry to step 4
7. Logout and repeat steps 5 and 6
Since the default groups/roles/user groups have not been modified, nor have the testUser's associations to said defaults, the testUser does not need any associations added, and therefore testUser does not need to be reindexed upon login.
All users are reindexed upon login, even if they do not have any new associations.
Reproduced on branch and master: