Type: Regression Bug
Affects Version/s: 7.0.X
LPS-101786 we changed the method for fetching articles from the URL, to normalize the URL prior to fetching the article. However, this is not always the correct behavior; in many instances, the asset publisher generates a URL for the article that is identical to its existing urlTitle, so we don't want to normalize it a second time.
We should attempt to fetch with and without normalizing the URL since the method can be called both ways.
Note that this issue is only applicable to 7.0.x.
LPS-101786 was committed to 7.0.x-7.2.x; however, LPS-67510 fixes this issue in 7.1.x and 7.2.x. Since LPS-67510 is a Story ticket, and its fix relies on adding several new tables, we cannot backport it. Therefore, we should add a unique fix for 7.0.x.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a new site.
2. Inside of this new site, create a page with "Content Display Page" type.
3. Add a new public page, for example 'testpage'.
4. Add a new web content with Japanese title. For example "当社における新型コロナウイルス感染者の発生について". And choose the page add in Step 2 as it's display page.
5. Add an asset publisher onto testpage page.
6. Go to Asset Publisher configuration page -> Display Settings
Display Template : Title List
Asset Link Behavior : View in Context.
7. Go to test page, and click the title "当社における新型コロナウイルス感染者の発生について".
Expected Result: The web content is displayed in the display page (created in #2)
Actual Result: not found error is reported on page:
Reproduced on 7.0.x: 1bff909107912fbe592a3446de0e125ae894b377