7.1.X, 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
Calendar widget does not meet many accessibility standards. Some of them are:
- Lack of color contrast in several elements
- It is not possible to navigate to events or edit them from keyboard
- Some information is shown only using visual elements, like the current date.
- Dropdowns SVGs does not include any semantic information
Steps to reproduce
- Start Liferay
- Deploy Calendar widget on it
- Add a new event
Expected behavior 1
If you run any accessibility checker, there is no issues related to lack of contrast.
Actual behavior 1
There are several issues related to lack of contrast between text and background.
Expected behavior 2
You can navigate with your keyboard to the event you previuosly created.
Actual behavior 2
It is not possible to access to event's information or edit it using your keyboard
Expected behavior 3
Information must not be available only using visual elements.
Actual behavior 3
Current date is marked only using visual elements. It is marked as a shady cell/column.
Expected behavior 4
Dropdown buttons include semantic information
Actual behavior 4
Dropdown buttons does not include any kind of semantic information
- is related to
AUI-3198 Accessibility issues in Calendar widget