There is a need for a tool to automatically port over a copy of a web content template and its structure to a fragment so that sites trying to migrate away from widget pages can maintain their look and feel and properly use page templates.
The problem is that web content templates are not compatible with page templates, aka you can't create a reusable page template that uses web content templates and that content is mirrored and can't be live edited.
There should be a way to "upgrade" my web content templates into the fragments sidebar in the page editor under a collection such as "Modern Web Content".
- MUST DO: Keep the original web content template / structure intact, must be a copy of
- Freemarker syntax porting (curly braces to square brackets)
- Repeatable fields
- Any CSS in Style tags in the web template to be copied to the CSS section of the fragment
- Convert the web content structure JSON to fragment configuration JSON
- Fully support all fields from a web content structure in a fragment configuration