Affects Version/s: 7.2.X, 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Content Display Widgets > Asset Publisher widget
Steps to reproduce
- Start Liferay
- Set an Asset Publisher in your Home Page with some content.
- Go to Asset Publisher configuration and enable subscriptions (Display Settings -> Set and Enable -> Enable -> Subscribe) and RSS (Subscriptions -> RSS -> Enable RSS Subscription).
- Click on RSS button.
- Add the parameter ?p_p_cacheability=cacheLevelFull to your page and refresh the page.
- Assert you'll get an error.
- Change Asset Publisher's configuration to Show Full Content (Display Settings -> Asset Link Behavior)
- Repeat steps 4 and 5.
You'll see the same error. Asset Link behavior is not related to RSS Feeds.
Now you don't get any error.
The reason to manually add that parameter to the URL is because until Liferay Portal 6.2 we used to add that parameter to Asset Publisher's RSS Feed and we removed it as part of
LPS-43691. However, if end users stored the URL in their RSS feed managers before we upgraded to Liferay DXP now they are getting errors when trying to retrieve RSS feeds... but only in case Asset Publisher is set to "View in Context"