Type: Feature Request
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: SEO Tools > OpenGraph tags
the current preview of the Open Graph should be changed to reflect what most of the popular sites will show to their users.
Sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. will not show the og:site_name tag, but the generated preview contains it.
- GitHub discussion
- JIRA ticket attached
- Open Site Builder > Pages
- Create a new page with the title TestPage
- Click on the Configure button→Open Graph
- Assert that the Preview shows TestPage - Liferay DXP
- Open an incognito window
- Go to *view-source:http://localhost:8080/web/guest/testpage*
- Search for og:title
- Assert that the content value is
- Close the incognito window, return to the page's configuration options
- Tick the option Use Custom Title
- Enter CustomTitle→Save
- Open incognito again with the source view of the page and search for og:title
- Return to the page configuration window and inspect the preview
The preview shows the same as the actual og:site tag's value (CustomTitle).
The preview shows CustomTitle - Liferay DXP, which is different from the og:site tag's value.