Affects Version/s: 7.3.X, Master
Component/s: Search Infrastructure
Search Suggestions widget only shows the perceived string that is problematic
Because it only shows the perceived string that is problematic, it will bring up all of the search results that contain that string because of the way that the updated query is formatted (e.g. http://localhost:8080/web/guest/search?q=leav)
Search suggestion industry standards will show the full query including the correction and create a link that shows the updated search with the suggested correction (e.g. http://localhost:8080/web/guest/search?q=cash+out+leav)
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Basic Web Content with title: Cash out leave
- Reindex all search indexes (Control Panel > Search > Reindex all search indexes)
- Reindex all spell check indexes (Control Panel > Search > Reindex all spell check indexes)
- Open the search page: http://localhost:8080/web/guest/search
- Add the Suggestions portlet to the page
- Configure the portlet
- Enable "Display "Did you mean: ..." if the number of search results does not meet the threshold."
- Do a search: Cash out laeve
- Look at the suggestion portlet and mouse over the link.
The suggestion is "Cash out leav" allowing the user to search again with the updated query: http://localhost:8080/web/guest/search?q=cash+out+leav.
Also, "laeve" being suggested as "leav" seems a bit odd as well, since we should be expecting the closest approximation of "leave"
The suggestion is "leav", not "cash out leav". The "leav" portion links to http://localhost:8080/web/guest/search?q=leav.